TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
Aplus50.com is owned and operated by Academics Plus®, Inc. Any reference herein to Aplus50.com constitutes services and a relationship with Academics Plus®, Inc.
1. REGISTRATION. To use the Aplus50.com tutoring platform, the user (hereinafter “you”) will need to complete a self-assessment form, pay any applicable fees, and obtain a username and password. This individual student account is non-transferrable to any other person. If at any point the student wishes to discontinue the service, the Site Administrator will deactivate the account pending full payment of any outstanding fees and no further charges will be made. Please note that tutoring time is paid in hourly increments and no subscription is required. Academics Plus®, Inc. contracts with Tutor Trove, LLC which provides the tutoring platform used by Aplus50.com. Review the link policy below for more information. To access the student account and the platform, you must have Adobe Flash Player 10 (or newer version) downloaded on the computer used for tutoring. Adobe Flash Player 10 is available for Apple or Windows based computers. To download Adobe Flash Player 10, click here. For further information on hardware and software requirements needed on your computer, review our System Requirements.
2. ATTENDANCE AND CANCELLATION. As a student receiving tutoring, the user is required to log into the platform and enter the whiteboard five minutes prior to the start of a scheduled tutoring session. This will ensure that you do not have any difficulties logging in, are able to access the whiteboard, and can upload any pages necessary. Tutors will also be required to log into the session five minutes prior to the start of the tutoring session to ensure connectivity and also attendance of the student. If a student is more than 15 minutes late to the session without email notification that a delay or rescheduling of the session needs to occur, the student will be charged for their scheduled tutoring session. As a courtesy to the tutors, please cancel your tutoring session at least 24 hours in advance via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). We reserve the right to charge you the full price of any session if you cancel, miss, or reschedule the session less than 24 hours before the scheduled start time of the session, which we may waive at our sole discretion.
3. REFUNDS. If at some point the student wishes to discontinue tutoring but has not used all of his/her sessions the student will receive a full refund, less any applicable processing fees. For bundled sessions, the full refund shall be calculated using a per session proration. Any unused balance that remains in the student’s account 60 days after the initial purchase will expire and is non-refundable.
4. SESSION RECORDING. The user agrees that Aplus50.com maintains the right to record any tutoring sessions in whole or in part for quality control and other legitimate business purposes. This information includes, but is not limited to, any documents uploaded or exchanged using the whiteboard, contents of chat sessions, and video recording where applicable. Aplus50.com reserves the right to review any session at any point in time and for any purpose. All recordings, transcripts, comments, or documents are property of Academics Plus®, Inc.
5. PRIVACY. Aplus50.com is concerned about your privacy while accessing the Aplus50.com site and services. Aplus50.com takes privacy very seriously and follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and after we receive it. Please note that no method of internet transmission or electronic storage is 100% secure; therefore, we cannot guarantee absolute security of the information you transmit to us. Utmost care is used with private information and information is limited to authorized persons with a legitimate business need for such information. Aplus50.com reserves the right to disclose any information as required by law, subpoena, other judicial proceeding, or as believed to be necessary to comply with other requirements or to protect the rights of Aplus50.com. Aplus50.com will never sell your information and will use it solely to create a customized tutoring experience for the student. As long as you are a registered user or otherwise participate in Aplus50.com products and services, your information will be retained. This includes a reasonable time following termination of registration or use.
7. CONFIDENTIALITY. You agree to keep confidential, to safeguard and to prevent the unauthorized, negligent or inadvertent use or disclosure of company information and services (collectively, the “Proprietary Information”). If you are an entity or organization, you agree to safeguard and prevent the unauthorized disclosure or use of the Proprietary Information using a standard of care no less strict that you use with regard to your own confidential information. You agree to promptly notify us in writing of any use or disclosure of Proprietary Information in violation of these Terms. You acknowledge that the use or disclosure of the Proprietary Information in any manner inconsistent with these Terms will cause us irreparable damage and that we will have the right to seek equitable and injunctive relief to prevent such prohibited use or disclosure, and to pursue and recover the amount of all damages (including attorneys’ fees and expenses) in connection with such prohibited use or disclosure to the full extent of the law.
8. APPROPRIATE USER CONTENT. You represent and warrant that all information provided by you is true, accurate, current and complete, and you agree to promptly update such information as necessary to ensure that it remains true, accurate, current and complete at all times. In the event that you knowingly provide any information that is not true, accurate, current or complete, or if we believe any information you provide is not true, accurate, current or complete, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account and/or username and refuse any and all current or future use of the services and/or the Software, or any portion thereof. You agree not to use the website, services, software or the proprietary company information to recruit, solicit, or contact in any way tutors for employment or contracting for a business not affiliated with us without our advance written permission.
You agree that we are free to use any information you upload, send, post or otherwise transmit to Aplus50.com, whether through the website or our employees, representatives, agents or tutors, for any purpose whatsoever without compensation or acknowledgement to you. user content so transmitted shall be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary, and by so transmitting such information, you grant and/or warrant a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, right and license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, distribute, perform, display, and transmit the user content for any purpose whatsoever to Aplus50.com. Notwithstanding anything contained herein to the contrary, you represent and warrant that any upload, transmittal, or other use by you, in connection with your use of the Aplus50.com website and services, of content contained in academic source materials, including, but not limited to, textbooks and workbooks, is not in violation of any applicable law, copyrights, or other intellectual property rights to which such materials are subject.
9. TUTOR AND STUDENT COMMUNICATIONS. Tutoring time is sacrosanct. As such, tutors and students should not engage in any activity that takes away from their assigned duties while engaged in tutoring sessions with clients. Any and all personal items that are not being utilized for tutoring purposes and may distract tutors during tutoring time should be disabled. This includes, but is not limited to, communications outside of the tutoring platform, messaging, web surfing, phone use, music players, or video games.
10. COMPLETE DISCLAIMER. Aplus50.com is provided as-is with no representations or warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. The user assumes total responsibility and risk for your use of Aplus50.com and related services. Aplus50.com is not liable for any damages arising out of or relating in any way to Aplus50.com services or materials and information contained herein including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary, punitive, equitable, or other damages. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH APLUS50.COM AND/OR ANY RELATED SERVICES IS TO STOP USING APLUS50.COM AND/OR THOSE SERVICES. Aplus50.com shall not be liable for any damage to your computer equipment or other property resulting from your access to, use of, or browsing in Aplus50.com, or downloading material, images, data, text, video, or audio files, regardless of the cause.
11. LINK DISCLAIMER. Aplus50.com is not liable or responsible for any information or redirections from links on the Aplus50.com website to other independent sites. Aplus50.com does not review independent sites or control their content, and merely provides these links to visitors for their convenience. Any links contained on the Aplus50.com website are not meant as an endorsement of products, services, or information provided by other sites and should not be construed as such. Further, the inclusion of links does not indicate a partnership, joint venture, or other legal relationship between Aplus50.com and the linked sites. Aplus50.com is not responsible for the actions of any company due to these links.
12. WEBSITE ACCESS AND SERVICES. You are solely responsible for all Internet service fees and connections, telephone capabilities as needed, and any other fees and costs associated with your access to the website and use of the services and/or software. You are also responsible for obtaining, providing, and maintaining all Internet service, telephone, computer and other equipment required for such access and use. Tutoring sessions may not be available on certain holidays or as otherwise decided by the management of Aplus50.com. In addition, the website and the services may periodically be unavailable from time to time and without prior notice for regular maintenance and upgrades.
13. MODIFICATIONS. We may add, change or eliminate any features, verbiage, or other aspects of services or the pricing thereof, and these Terms will continue to apply to the services as modified. We reserve the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the website or the services (or any part thereof) with or without notice, and you agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any such modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the website or services.
By using Aplus50.com, you confirm that you understand and agree to the terms and conditions expressed herein.