Anyone who owns and manages a business knows that seasons come and go. There are extremely profitable seasons followed by an unexpected downturn in sales or demand. This is a natural cycle of a business.
As states across the United States reopen after nationwide coronavirus shutdown, Dr. Ken Benton considered the many seasons of business he has encountered leading Academics Plus, Inc.
“When a slow down comes, business owners and leaders of organizations have to be prepared for a restart time and time again,” he said.
Here are five strategies he’s implemented himself and recommends to anyone reopening a business:
- Stay in the marketplace. Advertise and market your services or products.
- Check your prices. Have special offers and always have something for free.
- Stay connected with your clients and staff.
- Establish a reentry process for clients and staff.
- Let clients know about your safety procedures and processes.